Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Fun

Hi loyal bloggy friends!  Remember me?

Wow.  I can't believe 3 weeks of summer has flown by already.  We have been busy having lots of fun every day.  I could type out an incredibly long blog post telling you about it all, but... a picture is worth a thousand words right?  Well, get ready.  Here comes about twelve thousand words, in no particular order...

Alfred joined a baseball team for the first time in his baseball career.  He is a proud member of the Bats.  This probably makes this the greatest summer ever for him!

The littles are crazy about going for walks.  And for some reason, they always feel the need to pack a bag when we walk to the mailbox and back.  I guess you never know when you are going to need some toys...

This picture serves two purposes.  We go to the movies every week for Summer Movie Clubhouse, as we do every summer.  This summer, though, Theodore is potty training (actually, he is not even training anymore.  He is trained!) and he finds it necessary to take a bug box full of underwear with him when we go.  Again, you just never know, I guess...

On really hot days like this, we like to go to the pool with the bestie and her girls or the splash pad.  Of which, I sadly have taken no pictures.  I need to fix that...

Since we spend A LOT of our evenings at baseball practice or games, the other children find lots of fun ways to amuse themselves.  We take sidewalk chalk to the games with us and Oliver, Charlotte, and Theodore play with the other kids there "watching" their older brothers play baseball.  Charlotte has been obsessed with hopscotch since she played at her little besties' house a few weeks ago.  She's getting pretty good at it too.

One of Charlotte's new favorite things to do is to put on singing and dancing shows or puppet shows for us.  These are great fun for the whole family.  She is definitely our little entertainer.  I should make a movie of one of these!

Bunny is worn out from all the summer fun, and is taking a little nap.  Shhh...

Father's Day was celebrated at the beach. (Again, no pictures at the beach.) The kids got Daddy an icecream maker and all the fixins for Father's Day.  YUM!  We love making homemade ice cream.  Well, Daddy loves making it and we love eating it!

The big boys spend hours creating scenes like this one with elaborate stories to tell about what is happening with "the guys."  They are so imaginative.  On this day, Oliver said, "He plotted his revenge for weeks..."

We spend a couple of days each week at Bouncin Bears.  This place is awesome.  The kids run and jump and play, and I get to sit at a table and dole out water and snacks and read my books or chat with my best friend.  I love Bouncin Bears!

Daddy took the big boys on a big fishing trip!  They went on a big boat into the gulf and came home with two sharks and a black drum fish.  Fish Feast at its finest.  I am also proud to say, that depsite the 4 hour fishing trip, my boys did not come home with a sunburn! 
Thanks Daddy!

More playtime at home.  See Jedi Theodore sporting his Buzz Lightyear Big Boy Underwears?  Yessss!

So that has been a sample of all the summer fun we've been having with the kids.  I have also spent time reading (I highly recommend Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford.  It was delicious!) and watching Sex and the City.  I had only ever seen a few episodes here and there, so I thought, with the lack of summer shows to watch, that it would be fun to start with episode one and watch all six seasons.  I am about half way through season one and I am loving girly mindless TV!  My bestie and I also decided that our sporatic coffee dates are now going to be a weekly event.  I look forward to regularly scheduled girl talk sans kids!

My biggest news of the summer is our upcoming cruise!  We celebrate 10 years of marriage in just a couple of weeks and we are setting sail for the first time ever!  I can't wait for our big vacation.  I will certainly have to blog about that... And remember to take lots of pictures!

I love summer.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a copy of Hotel at the Corner that I can borrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't, because it is on my reader. But Becky might loan you hers. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete