Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break: Days Three, Four, and Five

I've been so busy enjoying my Spring Break, I haven't had time to blog about it since Tuesday.  So, a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

Wednesday:




I spent Wednesday night laughing and catching up with my dear, old (and by "old" I mean, known-her-since-birth) friend, Jenny.  I love how we can go 3 months or 13 years without seeing each other and we just pick up right where we left off.  I can thank facebook for bringing her back into my life a little over a year ago.  She graduates from college in May and is moving back home for good, so I am looking forward to many more nights together like Wednesday night.  I just love that girl.

I spent Thursday antiquing in the Heights with my very best friend, Rebecca.  We found this wonderful little antique shop that specializes in rare, old books.  I found a treasure in the form of a children's song book that was published in 1880.  It looks great on top of my piano that nobody in my household knows how to play!  Thursday was fun and laid back, as most of my time with Becky tends to be.

Thursday night, Becky and Joe and their girls came over to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with us.  We had our yearly corned beef and cabbage with Irish soda bread and "green coke."  I hate that I did not take any pictures of this event.  Well, I did get this one.  Happy Birthday Joe!


Friday was spent "zoo-ing!"








That's a stork behind us.  This picture seemed appropriate.  :)






Oh and these guys were there too...










It's been a wonderful week and we still have a full weekend ahead of us.  I love Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment