Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Theodore's (sort of) Birthday

My baby turned three over a week ago.  I hope you haven't been holding your breath.  If so, breathe deep.  Here it is...

Theodore is a leapling.  When I was pregnant with him, I hoped and wished that he'd be born on Leap Day, just because I thought it was cool.  Apart from Oliver sharing a birthday with Elvis, my other children have perfectly regular birthdates.  Some say that I willed myself into labor.  I don't think I am quite that strong willed, but it is still pretty cool to have a leapling.  It made me a little sad on his first birthday when I didn't get to have that special one minute celebration right at the time he was born, as I had done with the other three.  Okay, that's a hyperbolous statement.  (Is hyperbolous a word?)  On Alfred's exact one year old to the minute birthday, I was right in the middle of cleaning up his baby puke in the back seat of my car.  Not really a celebration by anyone's standards.  But I digress...

We created a series of birthday traditions with Alfred and followed suit with the other three children.  The first birthday was a home party.  The second was at McDonalds, and the third, Chuck E Cheese.  After that, they are all different.  Once you turn four, you tend to have your own opinions about how to spend your birthday.  So, without further ramblings, I give you cute pictures of Theodore's third birthday at Chuck E Cheese.  I hope you are sitting down.  This kid is cute!


My boy loves to "play bowling."  I am not sure where he gets his strategy from...

Okay.  So maybe I do.  His good looks isn't the only thing he gets from his Daddy.

His honored guests.

Yes.  Those are homemade, sprinkled coated cupcakes.  Did I mention I am super mom?  Just ask Theodore.  He'll tell you.

I love that face.

Oh and the candles were (accidentally) relighting candles.  Those were fun.  And his confused little face was precious.  I was laughing too much to get a picture of that!

He was all about dancing with Chuck E and friends.

The obligatory photo op.

I love this picture.  Does that boy mean business or what?!

And now some birthday present pictures that would probably only be interesting to those who attended.  And well, they lived it...  But here they are anyway!

I think this was the only arcade thing Theodore did the whole day other than his favorite "play bowling."

Oh, and the funny story I promised in my earlier post...  We decided that since there was no February 29th this year and Theodore had no idea he was even turning three, that we'd surprise him with his party.  We got all the way to Chuck E Cheese.  Daddy whispered in his ear, "You're three now."  He looked at Daddy, then at me, put both fists in the air and quietly said, "Yesss!!!"  It was adorable!

So there you have it folks.  That was the big day.  Fun was had by all.  My baby is not so much of a baby anymore.  But you know, he's such a fun little guy, that I think I am okay with finally putting the baby stage behind us.

I love you, Theodore.  You make life fun, surprising, and a little bit (okay, a lot) tiring everyday.  And boy, do you make me smile.  I can't wait to see what more you have in store for us in all the birthdays to come.  Happy Birthday Big Guy.

2 comments:

  1. He is still a baby! He doesn't turn 1 until next year, now that will be a party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about that! It's such a mom thing to say, but he'll always be my baby anyway. I don't know what we'll do next year, but I do know we'll do it up BIG and it'll be one for the record books!

    ReplyDelete