Saturday, September 21, 2013

Popping in to say hello...

Hi friends,

It's been a while and I've decided not to promise anymore when my next post will be.  I read a friend's blog this morning and it inspired me to write a new post.  It's been so long, I thought I'd just give a quick update.

So after I changed my blog colors and edited my layout a bit, I figured it was time to get to the actual post.

I'll start with the children.  They are all in school now.  Alfred is 11 and in 6th grade.  Middle school is a whole new world for us all.  We updated his bedroom over the summer, because a dinosaur comforter is cool when you're 4, but not when you're 11.  It was a whole room makeover with new paint, curtains, furniture, TV, all of it.  He is still playing baseball, but it's the off season now, so he's decided to try the drama club at school.  Because that is just what we need.  More drama!  Haha!  He is adjusting well to his new school, making new friends, and is even experiencing his first crush!  He's really growing up into an amazing young man.

Oliver is 9 and in 4th grade.  His class is self contained again this year, and I love that.  His teacher wrote a note last week that he is "on fire."  I love that too.  School, while he is good at it, has never really been his thing, so I'm glad he's off to a good start and has a teacher who likes him and he gets to have her all day long.  He's looking forward to the running club starting up again, and has decided to try out for Destination Imagination team.  I'm not sure what all that entails, but he's excited about it, so I am too.

Charlotte is 7 and in 2nd grade.  She still loves school, piano, jewelry, make-up, and her bunny.  She is such a sweet girly girl and I am really looking forward to our girl weekends coming up.  Deer season is just around the corner!  She's been taking piano lessons for a little over a year now and seems to be a natural at it.  Since she wants to grow up to be a music teacher by day and a rising star by night, she's off to a good start, I think!

Theodore is 5 and in kindergarten.  I had mixed emotions about this.  He's my baby and he's in school now.  On one hand, I want to keep him a baby forever, at home where he belongs.  On the other hand, he is so smart and ready to learn all the things school can teach him and I can't.  He's loving it, even though he gets in trouble more often than I'd like.  I have to remind myself that he is growing and changing, and in time and with patience, he will adjust.  I just hope he isn't driving his teacher crazy too much!  He hasn't joined any clubs or activities yet, but remember, he's just 5.  I am trying to keep him little for just a bit longer.

Then there is Robert.  He is still on patrol in his favorite part of the county.  He is still loving his job that he is so good at.  Some days are stressful, busy, and long, but I know he'd never want to do anything else.  My dad has pretty much given him the opportunity to manage their beloved deer lease and he has big plans for it and is very much looking forward to the new hunting season.  We're still a good team and are trying to put more effort into spending more time alone together, now that the children are a bit more independent.  I'm loving that the most!  Hopefully, I will have the attention span to blog about our revived date nights!  Plus, I just have to throw in there that he bought me flowers last week for no reason.  I nearly cried.  They are beautiful sitting proudly on my kitchen table.  It's the little things.  <3

And then there is me.  I've finally gotten a new job.  I am teaching 3rd grade and loving it!  I have a partner teacher who I really click with and we've been team teaching; that is, teaching both of our classes together much like a self contained class, only with 30 kids and 2 teachers.  It's working out great and everyone at my new school seems to really like, value, and appreciate me.  That's taking some getting used to.  Coming off of more bad experiences than I care to remember, this change has been really good for me and I am thankful every day for it!

So, that is us for now.  To whomever might actually read this, I hope you too are doing well, and maybe if you happen back by the blog, there will be more new posts before another year goes by!

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment