Sunday, September 22, 2013

Productivity

I've been busy today. After a lazy, sick in bed day yesterday, I really had to kick it into gear today. I worked all morning on school stuff. I found and printed worksheets. I made and printed notes pages. I printed and read over lesson plans and the spelling list. I organized it all, ready to go back to school tomorrow.

Throughout the day, I had the kids clean their rooms, the kitchen table, the dining room table, the easel area, and work on their laundry.

This afternoon, I went to Walmart and bought some things to help me organize my life. I cleaned out a couple of clutter spots and took the polish off my nails. I took meat out for dinner to thaw and I cleaned the kitchen.

I did not finish one single list. I still have papers to grade. I still have clutter spots. My nails have not been repainted. My laundry is not done. Theodore is still in his room not cleaning it. I had a whole list of things that I should have gotten at the store, but I only bought the few things that I wanted.

I have one hour to go before dinner is supposed to be on the table and we start our nighttime routine of dinner, dishes, baths, setting out tomorrow's school clothes, and getting to bed on time.

I worked hard today. The to do lists never end. Even so, I almost let myself feel like a failure because there is still much to do and not enough time to do it all. There is never enough time to do it all. Rather than focusing on all that did not get done, I am going to focus on all that did get done. I'm going to praise my children for being such good helpers and send them out to play a little longer. I am going to sit for a few minutes and enjoy my quiet house and then start dinner for my family. When my husband gets home from work, I'm going to listen to him tell me about his day instead of making a mental list of what I need to do tomorrow. I'm going to sit with him, hold his hand, and watch TV. I'm going to go to bed on time.

We were productive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment