Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lists, Randomness, and Other Genius Ideas

1. This week has been a whirlwind, but I am too tired to go into all the events.  Just busier than normal.

2. I have gotten 16 Word of the Day text messages and then no more.  Not one in 2 weeks.  What?  Did dictionary.com run out of words?  16 words is hardly a dictionary.  It's more of a vocabulary list...

3. Thinking about the Words of the Day and a random comment made by my handsome hubby got me thinking...  I think I want to try to find an "On this Day in History" daily text message.  That would be fun.

4. My handome hubby's random comment was that yesterday was Thomas Edison's birthday.

5.  I am starting up a book club and I can't wait to get my hands on the first book and meet with my girls over coffee.

6. I am currently reading Stargirl by  Jerry Spinelli and loving it!  My 7th and 8th graders will be reading it soon.  I think it'll be a nice, breezy choice after the heavy topic we've been studying... The Holocaust.

7. If you've never read Stargirl and you like Young Adult Lit, check it out.  I am about half way through and it doesn't disappoint.

8. Also, if you like Young Adult Lit and the Holocaust, you definitely have to read Anne Frank and Me by Cherie Bennet and Jeff Gottesfeld.  It was delicious!  Oh, and if you do read it... No, that is not the novel my students read in class.  It's a smidge inappropriate for a middle school audience.  I am a very conservative teacher.  Read it and you'll understand what I mean.

9. I wish I was one of those people who was together enough to carry around a notepad or something to jot things down when I have a great idea.  I have thought of, I am sure, nearly a million great ideas for blog posts this week, but when I finally sat down to write a post, I could not think of a single one.  Maybe a pretty little notepad with a matching colored pen...

10. I really am all out of things to say, but 10 is simply a better number than 9.  If you don't believe me, ask Mr. Monk.

2 comments:

  1. I have a note pad for you if you would like it, it will fit in your purse. Not one of those spiral on top things either. And yes a what happened on this day in history would be awesome, I am going to look it up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why you are my best friend!

    ReplyDelete