Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Perfect Day

I love Saturdays.  Almost as much as I love Sundays.  I especially love Saturdays that are not crammed full of errands to run.  Little things entertain me.  Here is my today...

I woke up in time to kiss my handsome hubby goodbye as he went off to work.  He works every Saturday.  The past couple of weeks he's been working 8-5.  It's nice having him home a little bit earlier, but I really can't wait until he gets his normal shift back (10-6) so he doesn't have to wake up so early in the morning!

Anyway, I made a gourmet breakfast of cereal and bananas for my little darlings and had myself a cup of coffee.  Then I went to meet my best girl, Rebecca, for some shopping.  We went to Starbucks, Target, and Old Navy.  The only thing I got that was on my list was my mocha latte!  It's frustrating sometimes when you look online and find just what you want to buy, only to find out it's not actually in the stores.  But I got this really cute outfit at Old Navy instead.


I love that Spring is almost here.

We even managed to make it a record shopping trip.  Only about an hour and a half.  I could spend the entire day with my bestie, but it wasn't in the cards for today.  I got home in time to make lunch for the darlings.  My dad sent me out to pick up lunch for us.  His treat!  Yay!  I could eat at restaurants for every meal, I think.  We had chinese food.  My fortune cookie said, "Be happy.  It's another way of being wise."  Life has been so good the last few months, that I think I might can feel myself wising up!  Hey, it's possible!

Now the littles are napping and the bigs went down to the park to play baseball.  I am thinking after naptime, we'll go for a bike ride and I will make Chinese stir fry for dinner.  I know, I had Chinese food for lunch too.  But I love it.  We are going to have movie night with The Karate Kid and popcorn tonight, and then maybe the handsome hubby and I will finally watch the Survivor season premiere.  My 2 all-time favorite Survivors are on again.  Rob and Russell.  This promises to be a great season.  I can feel it!

So that is my perfect day.  Nothing fancy, but it makes me happy.  And right now, I think I am going to paint my nails and listen to a little Vampire Weekend.  Do they have any non-awesome songs?  I didn't think so.  Until next time, bloggy friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment