Monday, January 24, 2011

I may be turning into my mother. (Eeek!)

My hubby was telling me tonight about how he cleaned all the dryer lint out of the laundry room today.  Out of the lint filter, behind the dryer, on the floor, etc.  I guess it was pretty linty in there.  Anyway, he was telling me about how lint can get stuck in the foil tube behind the dryer and it can be a fire hazard and all I could think was, "Great, now I have something else to worry about."  When did I become such a worry wart?  That has always been my mom's job.  Now I can add "my house bursting into flames because we do the laundry and the laundry room is upstairs right by all the bedrooms where my kids sleep at night" to my current list: cancer, bullies, high fructose corn syrup, donut holes in Medicare prescription plans, my students' passing rate on the state tests, the impending teacher layoffs, plus important things like the general safety and day to day well being of local traffic cops and my kids growing into good Christians and responsible citizens who are content with life.  And because I saw the movie, Black Swan, I also have the possibility of mental illness on my list.  Then there is always what is for dinner and tomorrow's lesson plans. Just to name a few.  Sheesh.  Now I am kind of worried that my list of worries might be too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment